Website Dayton Metro Library
Branch Library Manager (3 positions available!)
Dayton Metro Library
The Dayton Metro Library is seeking Branch Library Managers (one each) for our Kettering-Moraine, Vandalia and Brookville Branch Libraries. All three branches serve unique communities that use and appreciate their library branches. We are looking for flexible individuals who adapt to ongoing changes easily and who excel at providing positive leadership to their staff members. Join our team today!
Essential Job Duties
- Establishes and implements goals and objectives for branch service that support the Library’s Mission.
- Directs all branch services such as reference assistance, readers’ advisory, outreach, circulation, and programming.
- Directly hires, manages, evaluates, and schedules employees in assigned branch. Oversees branch volunteers. Serves as liaison between Administration and branch staff. Communicates with administrative team on policy, patron, and staffing issues.
- Ensures the efficient, effective, customer service-oriented delivery of services to branch Library patrons. Maintains a current knowledge of Library operations, policies, and procedures. Demonstrates and models excellent internal and external customer service. Maintains frequent personal presence in public areas to ensure outstanding service.
- Manages branch collections and oversees evaluation and processing of donated materials. Collaborates with Collection Development to ensure the collection is responsive to community’s information, recreational, and educational needs. Arranges for repair, cancellation, or redistribution of materials as needed.
- Promotes community awareness of the Library and establishes effective communication with community groups, organizations, and individuals.
- Prepares annual budget requests and submits quarterly, topical, and other reports as requested.
- Answers patrons’ reference questions and assists patrons in selecting and locating materials. Assists patrons in the use of computers, personal electronic devices, and library virtual materials.
- Monitors branch facility needs, initiates maintenance and repair of branch building, equipment, and grounds in cooperation with the Facilities Manager.
- Maintains a safe and secure facility for staff and patrons in conjunction with the Security Manager.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited program, minimum of three to five years of increasingly responsible experience in a public library setting at a professional level, and supervisory experience preferred.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and continuous insurability required.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and oversee branch operations and personnel.
- Knowledge of professional library principles, theories, concepts, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge and appreciation of literature, periodicals, web sites, social media, and other electronic media which constitute a diverse, current and relevant collection.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from staff, patrons, and members of the community individually and in a group setting. Ability to deal effectively with confrontational individuals and/or challenging situations.
- Ability to develop programs and services to meet community needs.
- Ability to prepare and administer budgets.
- Schedule includes day, evening, and Saturday hours.
Compensation and Benefits: These full-time positions are subject to a partial furlough under the Shared Work Ohio Program. Salary is commensurate with experience. A full benefit package is offered that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance as well as paid time off.
Application Process: For first consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three employment references to Jennifer Kadel at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 23, 2020.
The Dayton Metro Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com