Assembler (Team Lead)
Responsible for leading manufacturing to meet or exceed established goals set by Honeywell First Responder Products (HFRP). Responsible for the Cutting of garments meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
• Conduct Tier Meetings, Update Cell Risk Assessments & Attendance Records
• Perform counting and inspecting of the product
• Responsible for maintaining quality in completed products
• Meet or exceed monthly productivity goals for the position as well as contribute significantly to department goals
• Maintain work areas and tooling in neat and orderly condition, has an understanding of the 5S concepts
• Maintain all Tier boards.
• Drive continuous improvement and seek opportunities to eliminate waste
• Identify and report the need for Standard Work changes
• Escalate all questionable conditions to the Supervisor immediately
• Perform other duties as required or assigned
• Provide the team with a vision of the daily objectives
• Motivate and inspire team members
• Assure that the team members have the necessary training to effectively participate
• Coordinate with internal and external customers as necessary
• Help organize an action plan to ensure operators meet their goals and objectives more efficiently
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum 1 year of experience of the sewing process and ability to visually inspect an item and identify defect that the sewer / assembler could have made.
• Ability to lead a team
• Must be able to read and write English, with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability and willingness to work with other team members to produce a quality finished product and maintain effective working relationships
• Willingness to adapt to evolving job responsibilities and expand scope of experience as the company grows.
• Adaptable to a variety and mix of work based on customer specifications
• Ability to lift at least 15 pounds
• Ability to work overtime, including weekends as customer demand dictates