The Macy’s Emergency Scholarship Fund is a joint partnership between LNESC & Macy’s to provide financial resources to deserving students facing economic hardship and immediate monetary need that, if not met, could result in an inability to complete classes or a degree program.
Emergency financial need resulting from the following will qualify students for funding:
- Change in family income/support
- Loss of job
- Death of an immediate family member
- Natural disaster
- Pending eviction or home foreclosure
*Poor financial choices do not constitute emergency financial need (e.g. credit card debit, poor use of financial aid funding, personal loans to family or friends).
Macy’s Emergency Scholarship Funds are non-renewable and applicants cannot be recipients of other LULAC National Educational Service Centers (LNESC) Scholarships at the time of application. Award amounts vary based on need, but should not exceed $500.
To be eligible to apply, students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a resident of California, Florida, Missouri, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Puerto Rico, or Texas
- Must be enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university and in good standing
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent
For consideration, applicants must submit the following via email to scholarships@LNESC.org
- Completed and signed application
- Essay explaining immediate financial need
- Budget detailing amount of funds requested along with supporting documentation, such as statement from university
- Proof of full-time enrollment, including cumulative GPA
*Incomplete applications will not be considered
The application deadline is rolling.